Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mumbai Diary 2 - Getting a place to sleep

Hai All

Hope everyone is having a good sleep in home.

But for a new Mumbaikar.. getting a place to sleep is the worst nightmare.

As planned nithin our junior who is in mumbai helped me to find some place. he introduced me to an agent who told me there is one flat in MHDA (Maharashtra Housing Development Authority). But the condition is they wont give that to bachelors. finding a decent place to live for a bachelor is a Himalayan task in Mumbai. Normally bachelors live in groups with common toilet. you can find a long queue in the morning in front of that. 2 mins is the time..not a sec more, not less. if you have dysentery.....oh boy i dont have words.

Thinking about all these, i told him.... "I am engaged, my marriage will be over in 3 months and after that my wife will come here to live with me" ( oh God, what a liar Am...but folks, i don't have any choice)

Then came the real task, i need to produce my id card, my wife's id card. it will go for the police verification and the society will give the approval based on that. good Gods, what i will do...

i asked him one day, for getting all these....i had no idea what to do...i asked the help of one of my friends, she agreed to give me the photograph and id card. (will be grateful to her all my life just for that deed)

i need to give 20000 advance, 5000 agent commission, 5000 advance rent, 2500 society charges and 700 paper charges. total- 33200 rs.

i had given 10, 000 on the first day..and second day i have to give him rest of the amount. this guy.. the agent was eating nithin's head and i went to federal bank ATM to collect money....But thanks to federal bank...Atm will only give 15, 000 a day. already my day was f#@#ed
up, now twice by federal bank.

somehow i convinced my agent and he agreed to accept the rest of the money next day.

Traveled to Augustine place in the same local train with the company of six foots and sanyasis....got all my stuff. waited till dark...in hope that the rush will be less...but in vain.

Came back to the apartment around 11 pm...found it dirty to the core...me, nithin and one friend cleaned it up in that odd hour, quarrelled with the neighbour on the very first night..for spilling water outside....(dont worry folks, this happens)

had a lousy night.....

Next day....a needed a new phone connection....

love

Das

Next: Getting a phone connection in Mumbai Nagariya....

No comments:

Post a Comment