Sunday, June 13, 2010

I love the Girls of Mumbai

Hai All,

This mail I am writing after a lot of thought process unlike the early ones which were very random. I am writing this wearing my boxers at 10 am without even brushing my teeth using Augustine’s laptop sipping a cup of Nescafe Coffee... (Thanks to Augustine for the coffee).

'This should be written' was the first thought that came to me when I stepped down from the bus yesterday at 10 pm at Andheri station after meeting Shruthi. Yes Guys, you heard it right, I met a girl named Shruthi, a call center executive, in the bus in which I was travelling to the station. My 319 bus starts from the bus stop in front of my flat and directly goes to Andheri East station. I was late and it was nearly 9.30 pm when I got in to the bus. As it was the first stop, rush was less and there was plenty of seats for everyone. All seats were filled before the bus started except the one beside me; just then a beautiful girl entered the bus, looking around found the seat beside me and sat beside me. Her marc Jacobs perfume really produced the axe effect on me…But I thought I had passed that age and time of my life and I tamed the stalker within me. We didn’t speak for about 20 mins, she listening to her iPod didn't even bother to look at me. The bus started filling people and lot of girls started coming in. Unlike Kerala there is no front side or backside differentiated for gents and ladies, 'everywhere anywhere' was the slogan…and suddenly that happened which made my travel memorable and this mail possible…

Weirdos and perverts are everywhere my dear friends, somebody took the liberty of considering someone’s wife as his. Violated the 9th commandment of god. (Oops .! one min folks, Augustine’s maid has come…and I am in boxers…let me change my dress…I don’t want to be a Shiney Ahuja here…..). Yes, back to the story; somebody had done something to a girl and the girl reacted. Suddenly the whole bus changed to a war territory…when I looked at the front…all the girls are hitting a guy with their bags…umbrellas etc. And I could see a familiar face in the girl group, when I looked at my side, I realized it was Shruthi who is the leader of the hitting gang. After that the baton was handed to the gents, they started hitting the guy. For a second, I felt pity for that guy because I had never seen a hitting like that all through my life…I am sure that he will never do that kind of thing ever in his life. After about 15 mins of beating and shouting, the person responsible was thrown out of the bus…(like in movies) mind you from a moving bus. Everybody returned to their respective places, some guys had a weird smile of victory in their faces. Shruthi returned to my seat, I could no longer smell her marc Jacobs and something prevented me from looking at her. Shruthi’s performance was brilliant; her lower elbow jab was wonderful to watch. After 10 mins, I couldn’t resist my tongue and I told her…”you put up a good show there, was quite entertaining”. She laughed heartily and told something in Marathi…was something about the beating…
I told her that I am new here don’t speak that language in my average Hindi. She then began to speak in English sensing my Hindi is also not good enough. She told me that, she works in a call centre. I asked her about the guts the girls have here. She answered my all questions like a celebrity attending an interview. She spoke about girls travelling at night from their work places alone without fear. Girls react here, they don’t stand oppression. They enjoy life as men do…they go wherever at any time as they want….. I could sense the spirit of individuality and freedom in Shruthi’s voice. Really she was enjoying her life and individuality. Anyway after the initial friction, she talked to me very freely and her thoughts and attitude about the women in Mumbai was very insightful. I remember one of my friends telling me that she wanted to go for a long walk at night but couldn’t do it…
In Mumbai it can happen…

I love the girls of Mumbai…..

PS:


I was a bit hesitant to ask her mobile number…but to my surprise, she asked mine…I gave her my card..When I asked her number...she told me….” I will call you” …

clever hain naa…!

No comments:

Post a Comment